Together is Better
“Together is Better is about change. It looks at how things have come to be, but more importantly, it is about how things can be better.”
–Excerpt from Together is Better
Together is Better chronicles the progress completed by UCP Kids during the first two years of their project and serves as a guide for community inclusion. It is written in a very practical and helpful manner and will be useful for families and professionals assisting people to become active and valued community members.
- Methods and strategies
- Written exercises
- Forms to utilize
- Inspiring quotes
Step-by-Step Instructions on How To:
- Identify a person’s true passion
- Match interests to community activities
- Evaluate a community and make modifications
- Facilitate friendships and create successful community inclusion
Who Should Use This Resource?
- Children and adults with disabilities
- Human service professionals
- Recreation providers
- Family and friends of individuals with disabilities
- Community leaders
- Anyone interested in creating a community where each belongs!
United Cerebral Palsy participates in the Bookstore Affiliate Program with Lash and Associates Publishing/Training, Inc. When you use the link below and place an order on their website, Lash and Associates will contribute a percentage of the sale to UCP Pittsburgh to support our programs and services.